Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
eManga • View topic - Proprietary format..and double-paged view?

Proprietary format..and double-paged view?

Proprietary format..and double-paged view?

Postby toriayl » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Seems like a pretty nifty program, but I won't be using it because it seems I'd have to transfer my current files to the proprietary format so it can be handled by eManga. :S Does make me wonder why it was set in the first place..? Anyway -- The viewer is not bad, though; is there a double-paged view setting that I can switch on?
toriayl

Re: Proprietary format..and double-paged view?

Postby Quarteni » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 pm

toriayl wrote:is there a double-paged view setting that I can switch on?

There sure is. Go to Preferences and click on Reader then select "Yes" for Double Pages.

Out of curiosity, what is your current file format?
Quarteni

Postby toriayl » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Ah, nice. I got a bit scared off when I tried clicking on the Browser option and heaps of errors popped up, so I didn't explore the main screen much. XD

.jpgs and .pngs mostly in rars or zips. :P I realise that .manga is actually an archive that can be opened with winrar (waha sneaky) to spill its image contents, but it seems I actually have to recompile if I have existing files, or they won't be recognised by the program, is that right? (I tried the lazy renaming method, didn't work.) Besides the obvious amount of time required, I've read a few posts saying they have had problems with compiling them, too, so don't think I'm gonna try..

Not to mention I really like MMCE as a manga viewer, and it won't read .manga files. :( Ah well.
toriayl

Postby Quarteni » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:00 pm

toriayl wrote:I realise that .manga is actually an archive that can be opened with winrar (waha sneaky) to spill its image contents, but it seems I actually have to recompile if I have existing files, or they won't be recognised by the program, is that right? (I tried the lazy renaming method, didn't work.)

Yeah. I tried the renaming thing too a long while ago. Rumor has it (~_^) Edward is working on the manga publisher to make the recompiling go faster.

toriayl wrote:Besides the obvious amount of time required, I've read a few posts saying they have had problems with compiling them, too, so don't think I'm gonna try..

You can post the series/titles you'd like in .manga format in a request thread (this hasn't been started yet, but now is a good time to start) and somebody will probably be able to help you out. Uploading or providing a link to the actual file would be great. I know a couple people are making them and sharing them, so they might help out.

toriayl wrote:Not to mention I really like MMCE as a manga viewer, and it won't read .manga files. :( Ah well.
Not even renaming them to zips/rars? I don't know much about MMCE. From what I could gather it's Windows based and I'm running Mac. (^_^);; What's worse— a PowerPC Mac. No Boot Camp for me. X3
Quarteni

Postby Edward » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 pm

The format is not proprietary - it's spec is open. That said, adding something to your Library does require using the format in order to take advantage of the features. If you just want to browse your regular archives, the Browser screen allows you to do that.

As for creating manga files with the publisher, users have been having issues with irregular/rare filenames that the publisher cannot detect. But 99% of the manga archives out there use the usual naming conventions (stuff_001-002.png or stuff_003.png.)

That said if converting (i.e. tagging, organizing) Manga isn't your thing (it does take work), you can always get pre-made manga from the mangacasts. The long term solution for the manga-converting issue will be the fact that I am working on Library Sharing and directly in a near-future release of eManga. This means that if tagging and organizing archives is not your cup of tea, you can benefit from the work that others have put into organizing their own library.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby toriayl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:06 am

I tried the browser option, but it popped up errors that wouldn't go away. (I'd click okay, and the same error will pop back up. I CAN just leave them in the taskbar, but meh..) I tried updating, but same problem. Must be my computer. The error I'm getting is " cannot be found." Though to be honest, if I want to use a browser, I'd just use Explorer or some equivalent file manager. XD Your reader is not bad, but MMCE does have more options. The library is pretty much the only thing I was interested in.

If I've already downloaded the manga, chances are I won't want to do it again. ._. Especially since I have limited bandwidth.. And in terms of organising my own, they're already organised in folders I've created -- I can imagine extracting and repacking 12000 archives might not be a fun experience. I'd like to share them if I created them, but given how most people are actually asking the scanlator groups whether they can, I just can't be bothered. :P (This is why I would never set up a manga site.)
toriayl

Postby Edward » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:45 am

The update is live now. That said, I am interested in debugging the Browser issue with you - can you tell me what OS you are running?

Thanks
Edward
Site Admin

Postby toriayl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 am

Eh? Wasn't it live earlier when I downloaded it? o.O Well anyway. I'm not interested in debugging it, but since it's your program, if you really want to..-wry-

I'm using Windows XP (2002) SP3.
toriayl

Postby Edward » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby toriayl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 am

No problem.. o.o

Odd, Quarteni -- completely missed your post, or I'd have replied! :)
Yeah. I tried the renaming thing too a long while ago. Rumor has it (~_^) Edward is working on the manga publisher to make the recompiling go faster.

Until the day it accepts archives and extracts said archives by itself, it's unlikely I'll use it. -wry- Practically everything I have is in archives. I used to extract, but then I started using MMCE and it'd read my archives so no point. XD

You can post the series/titles you'd like in .manga format in a request thread (this hasn't been started yet, but now is a good time to start) and somebody will probably be able to help you out. Uploading or providing a link to the actual file would be great. I know a couple people are making them and sharing them, so they might help out.

I have no doubt that I can compile them if I want (I did manage to do a test run on a .manga file, though it uh didn't show up in my library so I must have done something wrong, lol.) but the problem isn't that, it's having to redownload and also rebuild my collection of what I think is approaching 13k archives. Not a lot of fun..

toriayl wrote:Not to mention I really like MMCE as a manga viewer, and it won't read .manga files. :( Ah well.

Not even renaming them to zips/rars? I don't know much about MMCE. From what I could gather it's Windows based and I'm running Mac. (^_^);; What's worse— a PowerPC Mac. No Boot Camp for me. X3

It won't read if I rename a .rar file into .manga, but it will if I rename a .manga into .rar. But will that make the file unrecognisable by eManga? o.o I have no idea...either way, recompiling is not the answer for me. -wry-

I think MMCE is only for Windows, judging by the Win32 in its name. ._. However, a quick search turned up Simple Comic, which looks like a promising alternative for Mac.
toriayl

Next

Return to Feature Suggestions