Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
eManga • View topic - Online Database/Library, Bonjour/URL DDL, Etc.

Online Database/Library, Bonjour/URL DDL, Etc.

Online Database/Library, Bonjour/URL DDL, Etc.

Postby Quarteni » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Bonjour Support or URL download on iPhone/iPad/iPod for Adding Files: From what I can gather/understand, eManga connects to computers through a shared WiFi network? I think using Bonjour would also be helpful. Why? Well, I find myself wanting to sync/add files to my phone, but I lack a WiFi sometimes.

On the same note, URL download/add of mangafiles via the iPhone/iPod/iPad would be great. I've noticed that a lot of files have been uploaded to free file hosting and was thinking how great it would be to be able to download/add these files via a URL download (i.e. use the iPhone/iPad/iPod's copy & paste to add the URL). I've downloaded files both by 3G and Edge and while they do take a while; it's not completely unreasonable. I suggest this because I find myself away from my computer a lot and would really like to be able to add files while on the go.

MangafIle Database/Library: Y'know how iTunes access a store interface? Maybe some how a way for users to upload their own files and have downloaded files load/open in eManga? That way those without hosting can download and enjoy manga files with ease.

Publisher URL/Link: A away to click or copy & paste the publisher's URL? Sometimes they have long and obscure addresses... Clicking on them or copy & paste would make navigating to the publisher's website easier.

Edit of Page Order or Deletion via the "Get Info" Window: I often accidentally add a page twice or in the wrong order and then I have to remake the whole file again. Being able to edit, reorder/delete would save time. X3

Drop-down Menu (right-click) when Reading Brings Up a Volume List -> Chapter List: I suggest this out of lazy convenience. Just a simple right-click to be able to jump to another volume or another chapter within a volume.

Multiple Select for Batch Editing in Library: Select multiple files and be able to change the end chapter, author, end volume number, delete, etc. all at once. Again, "lazy convenience." =w=

It's fact now. I'm a major fan of eManga! ^_^ I keep checking the updates on my apps for eManga. X3

EDIT: Added "Publisher URL/Link" idea...
Quarteni

Re: Online Database/Library, Bonjour/URL DDL, Etc.

Postby Edward » Wed May 26, 2010 8:25 am

These are great suggestions. eManga for iPad (i.e. v1.1.0) will be released as soon as I get my hands on an iPad (in 2 days in Canada). I need a physical unit to debug it.

As for Bonjour support, that is already in. Bonjour is what lets a WIFI network "auto-find" devices. This is why you don't need to enter an IP address into eManga to connect to an iPhone - eManga finds it automagically with Bonjour.

The Public Library idea is interesting. I'll think about it.

The Publisher link will probably make it into 1.1.1.

Page order editing is on a medium priority. Multiple Get Info is on high priority, and should make it into eManga sometime soon.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby Quarteni » Thu May 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Bonjour is already in? Shows how much I know on how the devices actually work. ( º w º );;

I hope you get your iPad soon. eManga would look incredible on an iPad! ( ^ - ^ )
Quarteni

Postby Edward » Fri May 28, 2010 2:42 am

Quarteni wrote:Bonjour is already in? Shows how much I know on how the devices actually work. ( º w º );;

I hope you get your iPad soon. eManga would look incredible on an iPad! ( ^ - ^ )

Well I pre-ordered yesterday and it's being "released" tomorrow... The Apple Store says mine will be shipped in "June" though... I probably should have pre-ordered way sooner.

eManga for iPad has actually been done for months now, but there seems to be an error that occurs for the App Store reviewers when using a Hardware iPad to test it. That error does not appear using the development simulator, so until I get a physical iPad to figure out what is going on eManga v1.1.0 with iPad support is being held-back.

I'm hoping I end up getting the iPad in a few days so I can get this all fixed up!
Edward
Site Admin

Return to Feature Suggestions