Linux support

Linux support

Postby pixel1313 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:24 am

I run Linux as my desktop operating system, so I was curious if there were any plans to make an official port for it? Currently most features seem to work alright using wine, however buttons and other widgets are not sized correctly in all cases. Furthermore, the browser itself is completely inoperable for me at the moment. For me this really is the biggest stopgap to using this program for my manga library.

Also, since I'm already typing and I'm not sure where the best place to post this is: Would you be willing to do a quick write up on the mangacast and manga file formats/structures/syntax however you wanna say that, so that developers of similar tools could conform to your already established "standard"? It would probably help make the formats more popular in the long run. I realize that the manga format is simply a zip file, but if you could formally declare how the internal naming convention of the files were supposed to work, that'd probably increase interest in developing support for the format itself in other utilities.
pixel1313

Re: Linux support

Postby Edward » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 am

A Linux port is planned, but for later this year.

As for format references, this is actually available at http://www.electronicmanga.com/reference/

Everything is open and free to use of course.
Edward
Site Admin

Re: Linux support

Postby pixel1313 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Excellent, my day has been made.
pixel1313

Return to Feature Suggestions