Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
eManga • View topic - OS4 Sync = Errors, Crashes, Freezes, and Restarts my iPhone?

OS4 Sync = Errors, Crashes, Freezes, and Restarts my iPhone?

OS4 Sync = Errors, Crashes, Freezes, and Restarts my iPhone?

Postby Quarteni » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:59 pm

I've recently updated to to the new OS4 after having an Apple Care problem, thus getting my phone swapped, and everything seemed to be working just fine until I tried to sync my files. It keeps freezing, crashing, giving me an error, or worse yet— restarting my phone. Weird, no?

Stats:
— iPhone 3G
— Updated to latest firmware.
— Swapped my phone recently.
— Syncing same files as before.

Troubleshooting I've done:
— Thought maybe it was the number of files I was syncing so I deleted everything, but one file. I got it to sync a few files once or twice, but since then no luck. It keeps freezing, crashing, giving me an error, or restarting my phone. It's like the Russian roulette of iPhone FAILs. ( = _ = );;
— Tried deleting the iPhone app and reinstalling it. No luck there.
— Tried setting the auto-lock setting to never (since sometimes when my phone locks it's disconnects). No luck.
— Restarted my phone (on my own not via a sync failure). No luck.

Kinda at a lose on this one. :shock:
Quarteni

Re: OS4 Sync = Errors, Crashes, Freezes, and Restarts my iPhone?

Postby Edward » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm looking into this right now. It seems that this issue has existed ever since the OS 3.2 and has persisted into 4.0.

I will get to the bottom of it and issue the 1.1.0 update as fast as I can.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby Edward » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Okay, I just debugged eManga on my iPhone running iOS 4, and it restarted my iPhone during the sync!

Now that I can reproduce this, I should be closer to fixing it.

This is one hell of an OS-release break.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby Edward » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Update: I believe that I have fixed the syncing bug you reported.

I am going through all the code to make sure everything that is broken by 4.0/3.2 is fixed.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby Edward » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 am

Okay I should have caught everything. I just re-submitted eManga 1.1.0 to the App Store. It should take about a week for them to approve it.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby Quarteni » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:31 am

Wow! You're allover this. Awesome! That just make eManga even more reliable and perfect! :D

Thank you for answering quickly and I'm look forward to the update! ^_^
Quarteni

Postby Edward » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Quarteni wrote:Wow! You're allover this. Awesome! That just make eManga even more reliable and perfect! :D

Thank you for answering quickly and I'm look forward to the update! ^_^

I've actually had 1.1.0 ready since April, but the App Store kept rejecting it and I couldn't understand why. Turns out 3.2 and 4.0 broke plenty of stuff, so I finally fixed everything that had broken.

When they weren't accepting 1.1.0 I was just talking to Apple tech support, but when you posted this thread of a catastrophic failure it gave me all the information I needed. The fact that you were running 4.0 told me that installing the 4.0 SDK was of relevance, and I was able to reproduce your crash because you described it so well!

Thanks for this great crash report :D
Edward
Site Admin

Postby Quarteni » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm glad I could help! Usually people tell me, "Too much detail!" I'm glad in this case it helped! XD
Quarteni

Re: OS4 Sync = Errors, Crashes, Freezes, and Restarts my iPh

Postby Quarteni » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm so sorry, but it's still happening... ( ; o ; ) Everything was working great then I hit a snag. I tried to think what was different and then I thought maybe it was the file's size. So I tried out different sync combinations and came out with this...

Tried to replace pre-existing files with a single 26.3 MB file with 33 pages - FAIL
    Tried to replace pre-existing files with an 11.6 MB file - SUCCESS

Then I removed all files on the phone:
    Tried to sync same 26.3 MB file as before without files pre-existing on the phone. - FAIL
    Tried to sync same 11.6 MB file as before without files pre-existing on the phone. - SUCCESS

Cleared all files from the phone:
    Tried to sync an 11.6 MB file as well as a 16.9 MB file. - SUCCESS
    Tried to replace pre-existing files (11.6 MB and 16.9 MB) files with 16.9 and 17.1 MB files. - SUCCESS

Tried to sync 6 files with files sizes 11.6 MB, 5.8 MB, 6.7 MB, 6.5 MB, 16.9 MB, 17.1 MB. - SUCCESS

Cleared Library:
    Tried to sync all of Tokaido HISAME from Mangafiles section. - SUCCESS
I tried syncing another one that was closer to 19 MB and still had the same problem. These files are files synced before my OS update so I'm not rally sure what to do...

Thank you soooo much!
Quarteni

Re: OS4 Sync = Errors, Crashes, Freezes, and Restarts my iPh

Postby Edward » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm going to look into this - I must have something.
Edward
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support