Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
eManga • View topic - Creating .manga files per script - Question about GUID

Creating .manga files per script - Question about GUID

Creating .manga files per script - Question about GUID

Postby squall23 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:53 am

I am currently evaluating the idea of converting my current manga collection (plain files in directories) into .manga files.

However, I am a kind of lazy and have no interest in doing it by hand. So the plan is to write a small script which packs everything for me without
using the Publisher.
(No offense but it is horrible to pack many chapters using the publisher. Especially when the source format, like in my case, is well known then a
automated script is the perfect solution.)
That much for my intention, now to the question. ^^

What is this GUID field? ... I have read your page about the format but unfortunately it isn't mentioned there.
Is it just some kind of unique id to differ two chapters with the same content or is there more in this value?
Is it a problem when I skip it or should I use a random number for the initialization?

A small hint on this matter would be great.

regards
squall23
squall23

Re: Creating .manga files per script - Question about GUID

Postby Edward » Wed May 26, 2010 8:31 am

Indeed, I am working on a batch converter for a future release.

As for the GUID, here is the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globally_Unique_Identifier

Basically you want a random 32 character HEX string... So every character has to be A-F and 0-9, and random. This is so that they are as close to "unique" as possible. This allows eManga to recognize duplicate manga chapters reliably.

Good luck with the script. I'd love to hear how it worked out (i.e. how many volumes/chapters/series were added and how well the conversion went).
Edward
Site Admin

Postby squall23 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Ah, thanks!
Now that I know the answer it wouldn't have been too hard to figure it out myself. ^^

After playing around with libzip I discarded the idea of the script for now and integrated an export function in an old self programmed manga viewer tool.

The export to the manga format is well working. Unfortunately this old program has the disadvantage that a lot of meta data is missing.
(In fact only the manga name, the chapter name, the volume number and the chapter number are available.)
Nevertheless the resulting manga files are working in eManga and on the IPod as well.
Especially the IPod compatibility was my goal for the whole operation. :mrgreen:

By the way, what language and/or framework are you using in eManga?
It is just that I really would love to see eManga on linux as well :D .
squall23

Postby Edward » Fri May 28, 2010 2:39 am

squall23 wrote:Ah, thanks!
Now that I know the answer it wouldn't have been too hard to figure it out myself. ^^

After playing around with libzip I discarded the idea of the script for now and integrated an export function in an old self programmed manga viewer tool.

The export to the manga format is well working. Unfortunately this old program has the disadvantage that a lot of meta data is missing.
(In fact only the manga name, the chapter name, the volume number and the chapter number are available.)
Nevertheless the resulting manga files are working in eManga and on the IPod as well.
Especially the IPod compatibility was my goal for the whole operation. :mrgreen:

By the way, what language and/or framework are you using in eManga?
It is just that I really would love to see eManga on linux as well :D .

The iPhone/iPad version is using Objective-C+XCode and Cocoa. The Mac/Windows version is using REALStudio as the IDE and Win32/Carbon+Cocoa as the Framework. REALStudio does allow me to target Linux, so Linux is indeed a possible platform in the future. The only question is how much demand there is for Linux support.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby squall23 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:20 am

Edward wrote:The iPhone/iPad version is using Objective-C+XCode and Cocoa. The Mac/Windows version is using REALStudio as the IDE and Win32/Carbon+Cocoa as the Framework. REALStudio does allow me to target Linux, so Linux is indeed a possible platform in the future. The only question is how much demand there is for Linux support.

Although I am think that you are right regarding the demand I started a poll.
Maybe we get some interesting results :) .

Nevertheless I want to thank you for this great piece of software. It's always a pleasure to use it ;).
squall23

Return to Technical Support