Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
eManga • View topic - syncing problems

syncing problems

syncing problems

Postby kara » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 am

Hi, I just downloaded emanga for my iphone and installed the software to my computer. I have successfully created the manga chapter file but when I go to my phone to sync it the program keeps searching and nothing is happening. The program has found my computer but when I click on it that is where the program seems to be stuck. I have not seen anything for authorization yet.

I watched the tutorial videos several times and I have bonjour installed and I am on the same wifi network.

I am using windows vista.

Thanks for any help.
kara

Re: syncing problems

Postby kara » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:49 am

Never mind, it was a firewall issue. Turned off my firewall and it worked fine. Curious though, I added an exception for emanga and that doesn't seem to work, it will only work when I completely turn off my firewall.

Otherwise, great program, thanks a lot.
kara

Postby Edward » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 pm

kara wrote:Never mind, it was a firewall issue. Turned off my firewall and it worked fine. Curious though, I added an exception for emanga and that doesn't seem to work, it will only work when I completely turn off my firewall.

Otherwise, great program, thanks a lot.

Weird. Glad it works though!
Edward
Site Admin

Postby marcusblack » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:19 am

Hi, I have a problem when I try to sync my iPhone, I have already create my library and authorized my iphone y my computer. But when I try syncing , in my iPhone the app tells that "an error has ocurred".

Thank you
marcusblack

Postby Kamerin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:35 pm

From what I've read in the forum that could be any number of things.

Troubleshooting tips:
— Check the file size of the file you're trying to sync. Make sure it's not too big.
— Try to sync a few files at a time. Syncing a large number of files may cause it to have problems.
— Perseverance. I've been having problems with syncing too. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.;)
Kamerin

Postby raekah » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Can anyone help me as well? I've done everything that Kara has and yet even with the firewall off, it doesn't work.

May I also ask is Bonjour, Bonjour Print Services? Because that's what the link leads to.

And about the number of manga, I have twenty-two, and this is my first time using it. I have yet to sync it but is that too much?
raekah

Postby Kamerin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:17 am

Bonjour is a program/feature that locates devices via a local network. I don't know much about it, especially not on a Windows. From what I can understand, upon installing an application that uses Bonjour on a Windows, it will be installed not just for printing. For example, a friend of mine installed iTunes on their Windows laptop and it also installed Bonjour. At least that's what they said. As I implied— I know Mac way better than I do a Windows.

I did find some links regarding Bonjour and Windows.
http://guides.macrumors.com/Bonjour
Bonjour: Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Bonjour for Windows: How to tell if it successfully installed

My recommendations eManga-wise is to make sure your device, temporarily for syncing purposes, has the auto-lock set to "Never." Sometimes after your device locks it will disconnect. At least I think so. I just know that when I'm syncing a large number of files setting auto-lock to "Never" keeps the app from passing out on me.

I also suggest syncing a handful of files at a time. Like 5 or 7. Also, making sure those files are below 20(?) mb seems like a good idea.

That's all I've got for now. Hope it helps? ^^;
Kamerin

Postby randa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:45 am

Hi..
i am a new emanga user :) .. i downloaded emanga on my ipad and pc and i downloaded some manga files.. but when i wanted to sync i had the same problem as listed in the topic .. at first the emanga on my pc found the ipad normally but then told me an error occured.. after a while i pluged my ipad again and the app didn't even find it.. on my ipad it keeps saying.. searching..I tried turning my firewall off but it didn't work..?!
so what should i do??
randa

Return to Technical Support