Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/emanga/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
eManga • View topic - IPod Touch Plugin - Picture Order

IPod Touch Plugin - Picture Order

IPod Touch Plugin - Picture Order

Postby squall23 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Fist things first. Thank you for your work and the great programs you have created.
Unfortunately I came around a bug which seems already to be known (http://www.electronicmanga.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13).

Like you can see in the topic it is about the picture order with the IPod viewer. I created a view test ".manga" files (attached as zip, have to be renamed) so that I can explain it to you.

1. Chapter:
Doesn't have any direct relation to this bug but kind of amused me. I creaded am Manga with an artwork, 3 covers, 3 extras and 10 pages. All of them have been ".png" files. No problems during creation. The funny thing is that the artwork gets displayed (cropping is possible too) but the other pages wont. The same behaviour can be seen in eManga. The artwork is displayed correctly but all other pictures are only black.
So this point could be improved by supporting png for the pictures or at least warn during .manga creation.

2. Chapter:
Basically the same as before but all the pics are now ".jpg". I added every file one by one per drag and drop so that there can be no errors with the order. The result is a perfect ".manga" file which gets displayed the right way in eManga and on the IPod.

3. Chapter:
Again with jpgs but now dragged all of the pictures at once into the publisher. So the order of the files was shuffled. The only thing I had to correct has been the numbers for the covers and the extras. The page numbers have been recognized correctly. (screen shots attached as well) The result ".manga" file is perfectly valid as well. It gets displayed in eManga without an errors or problems. On the IPod it is messed up. The images are displayed in exactly the order in which they where added into the publisher. (Covers: 2-3-1, Extras: 3-1-2, Pages: 7-8-9-1-10-2-3-4-5-6)

I assume that you only iterate over the files assuming that they are correctly ordered inside the ".zip" file which is OK for chapter 2 but not for chapter 3. At least that would explain the behaviour for me.

I hope that I could give you sufficient information to help you figuring out the problem.
Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Regards squall23
Attachments
Test_c003.zip
Test Chapter 3, has to be renamed to Test_c003.manga
(196.89 KiB) Downloaded 887 times
Test_c002.zip
Test Chapter 2, has to be renamed to Test_c002.manga
(197.1 KiB) Downloaded 904 times
Test_c001.zip
Test Chapter 1, has to be renamed to Test_c001.manga
(212.5 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times
squall23

Re: IPod Touch Plugin - Picture Order

Postby squall23 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Couldn't add all necessary attachments in one post. So here are the pics.
Attachments
Publisher_Pages.png
Publisher_Pages.png (24.99 KiB) Viewed 14256 times
Publisher_Extras.png
Publisher_Extras.png (18.75 KiB) Viewed 14256 times
Publisher_Covers.png
Publisher_Covers.png (18.74 KiB) Viewed 14256 times
squall23

Postby Edward » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks for the detailed report - I'm going to look into this.
Edward
Site Admin

Postby squall23 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:33 am

Hi there!

I am just wondering if you have been able to reproduce the behavior.
Otherwise I would be glad to provide further information so that you can track down this issue.

regards,
squall23
squall23

Postby Edward » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm going to look into it now as I am getting the iPad version ready. I'll keep you posted.
Edward
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports